Teenagers these days are increasingly busy, between seeing friends, extra curriculars like band or sports practices, keeping up with school assignments, and preparing for the next steps in their lives. In the midst of their hectic schedules, feeling happy and confident can sometimes take a back burner to getting things done. A teenager with a less than straight smile may feel that metal braces aren’t right for them, but they don’t want to put off feeling their best. The good news is that orthodontic treatment doesn’t need to wait! Invisalign Teen is a system of clear aligners marketed specifically to the busy teenager who wants an alternative to braces.
Invisalign Teen- Benefits for a Busy Teen
Invisalign Teen is a series of clear aligners, just like regular Invisalign, but specifically for teens. The clear aligners are removable and customized for each and every teenager. There many benefits to Invisalign Teen including:
- -Cosmetically Ideal: The clear aligners are virtually invisible so teenager won’t feel self conscious like they might with traditional metal braces. The aligners won’t be spotted in any school or social media pictures. They can even be taken out for close-ups as long as they’re put back immediately afterward.
- -Easy Teeth Cleaning- Metal braces are glued to teeth for the entire treatment time. Teens with traditional braces have to alter the way they clean teeth and be extra careful to get under the wires without knocking their brackets. With Invisalign Teen, the aligners are just taken out so the tooth brushing and flossing routine can remain the same.
- -Potentially Less Orthodontic Visits- Teenagers with traditional braces must visit the orthodontist on a regimented schedule to have their braces tightened. With Invisalign Teen, the teenager can just change their own aligners every two weeks.
- -Less Change In Diet- To keep traditional braces from breaking and to keep oral hygiene stellar, teens in braces must avoid many different kinds of foods for the duration of their treatment time. Teens with Invisalign Teen simply pop out their aligners to eat. The only restriction is to drink clear beverages to keep the aligners clear. Otherwise, nothing is off limits.
- -Little Change When Playing An Instrument- Teenagers wearing traditional braces will need to change their embouchure to adjust for the bulkiness. Invisalign Teen sits so closely against your teeth, there is no learning curve.
- -Less Concern For Athletes- Teen athletes are often the most busy, between practices and games. Not only are there less time taken out for orthodontic visits, there is less concern for safety as there are no wires or brackets that can potentially cut their mouths. Braces often require special mouthguards to protect teeth, but with Invisalign Teen, these are not necessary.
Teenagers are more aware of their options than ever and many would rather wear Invisalign Teen over braces so they can focus on all the things important to them without any interruptions. If this sounds like your child, please call us today to schedule a consultation to find out if Invisalign Teen is right for them!