Types of Braces
Traditional braces are very strong and can withstand most types of treatment, and is the most common type of orthodontic treatment. The structure consist of silver brackets bonded to teeth, to which O-shaped elastics (ligatures) hold the arch wire onto the bracket. As you move along in your treatment, the wires will be changed out to straighten teeth to your desired result. Sometimes metal tie wires (wires that twist around the bracket) are used in place of elastic ligatures.
Benefits of Traditional Braces
- They are strong and rarely break
- Oldest yet refined form of orthodontic treatment
- Fun for younger kids to show off their personality. They get to choose the colored elastics!
Damon System Braces
The Damon System bracket is self-ligating, so it eliminates the need for elastic ties to keep the wire in. Without a tie, the braces stay clean and friction is reduced allowing your treatment to progress more efficiently and with less discomfort along the way.
Damon System braces are available with both metal and clear options.
Benefits of Damon System
- Better Results in Less Time
- Simplified Procedures
- Fewer Visits to the Office
- Greater Comfort
Invisalign is the ultimate in terms of aesthetic treatment options. We use custom molded clear trays to move your teeth to the ideal position. Because they are removable, patient compliance is extremely important with aligners. Invisalign is a terrific option for working professionals or patients seeking a discrete solution to improve their smile, however it is not ideal for every case.
Dr. Abdoneys are certified Invisalign Premier Providers, so they can use their expertise to determine if Invisalign is the right treatment choice for you.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Clear – Virtually invisible and do not show up in photos
- Removable – You will be able to eat whatever you’d like and when you want
- Comfortable – The aligners shift teeth gradually, making Invisalign comfortable to wear
Clarity Advanced Ceramic Braces
Clarity Advanced brackets are ultra small translucent brackets made of an innovative new ceramic material that blends with your teeth and will resist staining and discoloration throughout your treatment. Clarity Advanced is virtually unnoticeable, making them perfect for patients of any age who are looking for the confidence and freedom to smile on any occasion.
Benefits of Clarity Advanced Ceramic Braces
- Small comfortable design featuring rounded corners to reduce irritation
- A unique system that is easily applied and removed by our orthodontists
- Allows an esthetic option without compromising the ideal result you desire