Dr. Michael L. Abdoney
Dr. Abdoney is pleased to welcome you to Abdoney Orthodontics, and looks forward to helping you achieve your goal of a beautiful, healthy smile. Born and raised in Tampa, Dr. Abdoney is proud to serve the city in which he grew up, and the surrounding Tampa Bay area. As an orthodontist, Dr. Abdoney is extremely professional and caring. He enjoys his work, and even after 15 years of practicing orthodontics, Dr. Abdoney still enjoys seeing how something as simple as a smile can improve a person’s self-esteem and confidence.
Dr. Abdoney has received extensive education and hands-on training in dentistry and orthodontics from several of the nation’s top colleges and dental schools.
- University of Pennsylvania, Department of Orthodontics
- University of Missouri-Kansas City, School of Dentistry
- Washington University, School of Dental Medicine
- Mars Hill College
The only way to continue advancing in the practice of orthodontics, is to participate in continuing education. Dr. Abdoney maintains memberships with several professional dental and orthodontic organizations, including the American Association of Orthodontists and the American Dental Association. He was appointed to the Florida Board of Dentistry by the previous governor, Jeb Bush.
Dr. Abdoney stays smiling even outside of the practice. When he’s not at the practice, Dr. Abdoney enjoys spending time with his family (wife, Debbie and two daughters, Ellie and Emily). He also likes to visit the beach, go fishing, play tennis, work out to stay in shape, and spend as much time as possible outdoors. In addition to enjoying practicing orthodontics, Dr. Abdoney also likes to cook, and he is a certified Eagle Scout.
Dr. John Ritter
Dr. John Ritter is very excited to join Dr. Abdoney’s team and cannot wait to meet you and your family at your next appointment. Having grown up in St. Petersburg, FL, he is thrilled to call the Tampa Bay area home and is looking forward to working with our amazing staff to create beautiful, long lasting smiles for our patients. After completing his undergraduate degree from the University of South Florida in Tampa, he attended Nova Southeastern University’s College of Dental Medicine where he graduated first in his class. He was then accepted to Nova’s orthodontic residency where he received his certificate in orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics. In his free time he enjoys fishing, diving, traveling and spending time with his family and friends.
- Nova Southeastern University – Certificate in Orthodontics and Dentofacial
- Orthopedics & Masters of Dental Science
- Nova Southeastern University – Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD)
- University of South Florida – BS in Biomedical Sciences
- Professional Associations
- American Association of Orthodontics
- Southern Association of Orthodontics
- Florida Dental Association
Dr. Demyana Hanna
Dr. Hanna is excited to personally meet you and your family at your next visit in Wesley Chapel. You will not miss her with her big smile and bubbly personality. Dr. Hanna has extensive dental knowledge from her training at Harvard University and University of Florida. In addition to Dr. Hanna’s passion for creating beautiful smiles, she thoroughly enjoys building lasting relationships with her patients. She is blessed to be able to meet so many wonderful people and work with an amazing staff. Together, we make you smile!
Dr. Hanna has received extensive education from several of the nation’s top universities:
- University of Florida, Orthodontics and Master of Dental Science
- Harvard University School of Dental Medicine, DMD
- University of South Florida, BS in Biomedical Sciences
Dr. Hanna enjoys expanding into the orthodontic community by being a member of many affiliated state and local dental and orthodontic societies.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Florida Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Florida Dental Association
- West Coast District Dental Association
Dr. Elliott Katz
Dr. Katz is thrilled to be a part of the Abdoney Orthodontic team and looks forward to meeting you! Originally from Ohio, Dr. Katz is excited to once again call Florida home as he did his orthodontic residency at Nova Southeastern University in Ft. Lauderdale.
Prior to becoming a Board Certified Orthodontist, Dr. Katz practiced as a general dentist for several years. While in private practice he found his true passion for orthodontics. Dr. Katz treats his patients through the lens of both a general dentist and orthodontist: focusing on the full scope of oral health care.
When not at the office, Dr. Katz enjoys spending time with family and friends. He is an avid sports fan, and a die hard Ohio State Buckeye. Dr. Katz enjoys traveling, being outdoors, and is looking forward to experiencing all that Tampa has to offer! He recently started playing golf, although that is very much a work in progress! Dr. Katz welcomes new patients and looks forward to treating all of your family’s orthodontic needs.
- Nova Southeastern University – Orthodontics and Master of Dental Science
- Loyola University Medical Center – General Practice Residency
- Virginia Commonwealth University – Doctor of Dental Surgery
- The Ohio State University – BS in Biology