Messy, gloopy, uncomfortable impressions are quickly becoming a thing of the past thanks to the iTero scanner. This tool creates 3D digital scans that can be used to plan treatment, order appliances, and even determine the need for surgery. Here is what you should know about the iTero scanner.
- It is an intra-oral scanner that captures thousands of small images of the dental anatomy, including the mouth, teeth, and gums.
- These thousands of pictures are assembled into a highly accurate 3D model.
- The laser used is completely safe, using low-grade radiation for imaging.
- From start to finish, the process takes about 10 minutes.
- Once done, the 3D model can be used to diagnose oral health issues and plan treatment.